Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

So today's a bit tougher than I'd expected. For those of you who don't know, my Dad passed away about a year and a half ago. He was sick for a long time, and I thought I had prepared myself for what life without my Dad would be like. In some ways I was right, but I totally underestimated how often I'd think of him, or how many things remind me of him, or that every significant event in my life from now on is punctuated with the fact that my Father won't see it.
But what can I do, right? I just try to talk to or spend time with the amazing family I somehow got in to, and indulge in some of my Dad's favorite things, which I'd love to share with you.



Happy Father's Day, Dad.
Love,
Cait










1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful kiddo. I forgot about his peculiar love of "We Didn't Start the Fire". You are a wonderful daughter and sister...Dad would be so proud of you. I kind of picture him sitting a a table playing cards with some of the boys and listening to Sinatra...occasionally glancing down at us and smiling.

    ReplyDelete